Tuesday

Dibble Dribbles...

As dusty rhetoric, and a certain temperance to expectations, I have been trying to shorten my blurbs.  I created the Buzz as a quick, easy, fun read for those of you who are tired of stuffy, tweed-laden(yes itchy) approach to wine.  
I had dinner with Vic Bourassa last night.  Vic owns Bourassa Vineyards, a premium example of what 'Boutique' ventures can create, given a certain minimalist approach on a scale level.  Vic is a firecracker, a business man and a story teller.  His wines are bombastic, boasting austere and often robust fruit that paints the pallette in shades of the darkest mauve or the most gorgeous flakes of gold(the latter being a byproduct of small-scale Sauvignon Blanc, yum).  This author prefers his Syrah Reserve, a Shiraz-tastic(yes I made that up) homage to bigger Croze-Hermitage muscle juice.  This Syrah pulls no punches, slamming the front pallette with fortified cassis and red currants.  The mid pallette is a speckling of dark licorice and warm blackberry turnovers.  Would Vic tell you that?  Probably not.  Vic would ask you if you liked how 'Rock Star' it's presence was.  Vic would tell you how that wine was a 'Liquid Sex Machine'.  Why?  Because he respects that wine is cool.  I recognize that I am, in fact, a wine nerd; a byproduct of both avoiding what is deemed inherently cool and having zero reservations about continuously waxing poetic when deemed necessary.  Vic is cool.  With his snow white hair and his child like grin, he graciously pours wine with the zest of a new father.  His port, the Solera, is my go-to after dinner drink.  With heavy leather and dark chocolate, this is a port that boasts formidability and layers of character....Come to think of it, so does the Bourassa family.  
In short, Wine is cool.  Wine is the sum of those who make it, and for their dedication, they are subject to my fandom.  I will dribble further on other wine-o's as I blog on into eternity, but for now, enjoy the good stuff that we can all appreciate.
                         Cam
As a post script, I want you buzzers to post a review of your favorite wine.  The person with the most personality in their review will get a free bottle of the Syrah Reserve from Bourassa.  Blog on....

No comments:

Post a Comment