Friday

Start the Revolution

Have no fear Buzzers, I am back.  I've been out preaching the good word, and that good word is 'Universality'.  As a statement of truly intrinsic redundancy, I write todays article in the vein of 'Wine is, in fact, for EVERYONE'.  The typically narrowed focus I take on blogging has been broadened as a means to profess what I hope will become a love for something that we should all enjoy but rarely do.  
I wave the white flag in the face of snobbery, something that I think is often confused with a lonely enthusiasm.  I am by no means giving up my quest to educate you to the next step in appreciating BETTER wines, but at the moment I am trying to encourage you to simply enjoy the wines you are currently consuming.  I am trying to get you to share your love of wine, not of the secret society we have nested it in, but in the everyday consumption of fermented fruit.  I am championing this wonderful nectar as the best possible pairing with any and every situation that you could possibly face.
I realize that I have a direct disdain for White Zinfandel.  I also realize that my beloved 'Motherland' is Napa Valley.  I also realize that White Zinfandel(Chateau Cashflow) saved Napa Valley in a time when workaday drinkers were simply popping bottles of domestic beer.  A comparison I almost liken having a clubbed foot and not being able to be drafted into the armed services; it'll save you, but you don't have to like it.  Furthermore, I realize that there are a lot of avid White Zinfandel drinkers out there, and in this moment of fervor I say: "DRINK ON".   Die-Hard Buzzers be at ease, it's a moment of amnesty for all wine drinkers.   Here's to you overly sweet, low acidity Riesling fans, and to you Two Buck Chuckers; thank you so so much for supporting our industry.
I'm young, both a hinderance and benefit when conversing on all things coopered.  I'm also tenacious about my love of wine, and that is something that I hope with both my age and my passion will be made contagious.  If you don't like wine, you haven't had the right one, and provided you confront me on this, I will help you see the light at the end of the bottle.  One of my biggest supporters and my faithful drinking partner is my loving godmother.  If you asked her what her favorite kind of wine was, she would simply reply, "the kind I enjoy".  I think we fall into some pit of clandestine tradition when discussing our personal joys, especially wine joys.  I myself find it hard to simplify my vino communications, and in doing such I get the reputation for somehow existing on some viticultural pedestal.  I'm not that special, I just get my word out.  I love wine, and I would lay down all that I have done to support it, if tomorrow I could fill the whole world's glass.  
Start the Revolution folks, its not too late.  We're on the cusp of something amazing, and with your help it can become as regular as 'after work drinks'.  Wine is for everyone, and it always has been.  Thank you so much for allowing me to pump my vine chatter into your eyeballs every few days, but more importantly thank you for allowing someone's beloved fruit to enter your palette.  To those of you who are already avid wine drinkers, I am your fan.
           Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment